An employee of Tucker Carlson, the Swanson frozen foods heir and failed TV pundit who now runs The Daily Caller, a Republican propaganda “news” site, put the GOP’s disrespect for the office of the presidency on display once again when he heckled Pres. Obama during a news conference at the White House yesterday.
The operative, Neil Munro, was at the news conference because the White House Correspondents Association, the gatekeeper organization that decides which media outlets are allowed to attend White House news events, plays along with the ruse that the Daily Caller, Fox News and the rest are news organizations not propaganda mills.
The purpose of the news conference was to announce Pres. Obama’s plan to end the deportation of children of undocumented immigrants who have been raised in the United States.
“Excuse me, sir. It’s not time for questions, sir,” the president said in response to Munro’s first interruption. But Munro continued, demanding to know if the president would take questions. “Not while I’m speaking.” When the heckler continued shouting at the president, Obama responded, “I didn’t ask for an argument. I’m answering your question.”
More on this story at these links:
- Politico: Tucker Carlson praises his operative’s rudeness to the president
- Pensito Review: Interdiction: There’s method to Fox’s rudeness to the president
- The Moderate Voice: Fox News bigwigs blast Daily Caller reporter for heckling Obama
- Satirical Political: Obama’s missed ‘comeback’ to right-wing heckler
- Washington Post: Sam Donaldson weighs in on Obama heckler
- CNN: Obama interrupted: Disrespectful or latest in ‘era of incivility’?